To improve patient access, perform activities beyond routine care that enable capture of patient reported outcomes (for example, related to functional status, symptoms and symptom burden, health behaviors, or patient experience) or patient activation measures (that is, measures of patient involvement in their care) through use of certified electronic health record technology, and record these outcomes data for clinician review.
|Activity ID||Activity Weighting||Sub-Category Name|
Improve patient engagement through patient/clinician review of patient collected information or through assessment of a patient’s understanding, confidence, and ability to perform self-care.
Evidence of patient reported data and/or outcomes in the certified electronic health record technology (CEHRT). Include the following element:
- Patient reported outcomes/self-management – Documentation demonstrating use of one or more measures that assess patients’ involvement in their care or their understanding, confidence, and ability to care for oneself. The eligible clinician should incorporate the results of the assessment into the patient’s overall plan of care, as deemed most appropriate for their population. As necessary or helpful, also include patient’s data in the CEHRT.
- Examples of online questionnaires for collecting patient-reported data:
- Quick and full online health check-up: www.HealthConfidence.org
- Inventory of patient-reported outcome measures: www.healthmeasures.net
- The Patient Activation Measure: www.cmit.cms.gov